Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lynzi's turn...

...for a blog all about her! Oh boy, where do I even start with this girl!?!? These are a few of the sweet, crazy or funny things she's said or done in the last month or so...and I've just been waiting to find time to blog about it! If you keep up with me on facebook, then you've already heard a lot of these. Here are a few of my favorite Lynzi-isms of the month...


1.) A few weeks ago, I turned the t.v. on towards the end of the Rachael Ray show to see what she was cooking. We rarely ever have the t.v. on during the day (except for cartoons in the morning or occasionally the news.) So we hadn't seen Rachael Ray in awhile. But we had seen on the news the other day that Oprah was going off the air next season, and this is the conversation that came of it:

Lynzi: "HEY MOM, look who's on...I thought she wasn't on t.v. anymore...remember we saw it on the news the other day?!"

Me: "Oh no, that was Oprah."

Lynzi: "Yeah, Oprah...that's her."

Me: "No, this is Rachael Ray....they're two different people."

Lynzi: "Oh, well they look alike!!!"

Me: "HAHA." :)


2.) The other night I was putting Lynzi to bed and we finished reading some books and the Bible and we were about to pray...and Ryan came in at that time b/c he had finished getting Asher to bed, so he asked her the usual, "What are you thankful for?" and "What do you want to pray for?" It's usually pretty much the same...she wants to thank God for all she did today and pray for everyone we love and pray for sweet dreams for her and Asher, etc. Well this particular night...she says, "I want to pray for the 2 babies that mommy is going to have at the same time!" What?!?! Ryan and I just looked at each other, trying to figure out where in the world she would have come up with that?!?! The reason we were so flabbergasted by it is b/c our friend in California (who was actually Lynzi's pediatrician when she was born) had a 3 year old little girl at the time, who had been praying with her parents for them to be able to have another baby and suddenly she started telling them that God told her they would have 2 babies at once...and sure enough, the next month she was pregnant with twins! NOT that we have been praying for a baby at this time, but her comment just caught us off guard! YIKES! And several times since then, she's told me she wants a baby sister...


3.) She started a ballet class last Saturday. Today was her second class. It's a six week session for 3-4 year olds and during the last class, they will have a mini-recital to show friends and family what they've learned. Of course, she's an adorable little ballerina...I'm posting pics below of her first class, but they didn't come out very good...so I'll post more soon.


4.) The ballet class will keep her busy until soccer starts in March! She's already signed up and she cannot wait. Ryan and I definitely think soccer is more her forte' than ballet. She really wanted to do the ballet class, but she hasn't had a whole lot to say about it...other than it's fun and they twirl! Yet, she asks at least 5 times a week how much longer till March, when soccer starts!


5.) She got a haircut this week and it's now up to her shoulders. I don't guess it's really all that noticeable to just anybody, but to me...it makes her look so much older. I think b/c I got my haircut when I went to kindergarten, I associate her as looking like a kindergartener. I've been telling her all week that she looks like a kindergartener!

6.) She turns 5 on March "fourf" and she is SO excited to be 5...in fact, she's already ready to be 6! For now, she wants to have her birthday party at Incredible Pizza. She has about 16 friends to invite and she keeps mentioning more!!! She's such a social bug and thoroughly enjoys all of her friends (which are many!) We'll have a great time celebrating 5 years of Lynzi!!! :)



7.) She starts Kindergarten this fall and she CANNOT wait for that. She thought that she got to start Kindergarten on the day she turned 5! One night she told me she couldn't wait to go to school on her birthday! So I explained that she had to wait until school started again in the fall. Then she wanted to know EVERYTHING about school. Like...where would she get her desk, where would she hang her backpack, where would her school clothes from, and she let me know that she wanted a lunch box, not a lunch bag, etc, etc! Then she told me in complete detail exactly what she wanted in her lunch box for the first day of school: peanut butter and jelly sandwich, carrot sticks, apple slices and raisins. That conversation was right at bedtime, so once she finished explaining all the details of this day that was still 7 months away...I went out, so she could go to sleep. About 20 minutes later, I thought she was sound asleep and she came down the hall to inform me that she decided that banana slices would be better with her apple slices than raisins!!! :)

8.) She's learning to read and doing AMAZING! I've been doing preschool with her at home since September and we have calendar time and a math lesson and a reading lesson and usually some kind of activity or art or craft. I started using a book called, "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons." It's been around a really long time and is very effective in teaching children to read, using the distar program. We're only on lesson 12 and she's already reading many words, such as...am, sam, ram, at, rat, sat, mat, eat, seat, see, seed, me...and so on.

9.) And last night, this was her prayer..."Dear Jesus, umm I need to tell you something. Heal up Haiti from head to toe and protect Grace [her little missionary friend in Haiti] and her family and keep them safe...In Jesus' name, Amen! She has a super precious heart and I love her!

So, that's my girl...


~snowy smile~

(we had 2 weeks of snow a few weeks ago and we had so much fun playing and sledding in it!)

~snowbunny on a snowboard~

~beautiful ballerina~

~ballet class~

~ballerina in action~

~Lynzi and Asher on Christmas Eve~

~Lynzi and Cousin Jax on Christmas morning~

~PawPaw reading 'Twas the Night before Christmas' on the night before Christmas~

0 comments: