Friday, May 8, 2009

My Superstar...

Superstar, she is! Yesterday the kids and I were on our way to the mall and a commercial came on the radio. It was a company looking to hire a telephone person and the guy on the commercial says they're looking for a "superstar on the phone". Lynzi pipes up exhuberantly and says, "Ahhh....Mommy, I'm a SUPERSTAR... he's looking for me!" I said, "Yes, baby, you sure are a superstar!" Then the guy asks, "Are you a superstar?" Lynzi answered him promptly, "YES I AM!" :)

So, on with the story of why we were headed to the mall...I was looking for an outfit to wear to audition for Wheel of Fortune!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO, yes I said Wheel of Fortune!!!! I get butterflies even typing it because I'm so excited about it. I've ALWAYS wanted to be on Wheel...since I started watching it with my Memaw and PawPaw when i was about Lynzi's age!!! I've filled out numerous online applications in the past (but so do millions of other people!) Then a few weeks ago, a commercial came on t.v. with Pat and Vanna. I was folding clothes and Lynzi was helping me...when I heard Pat say the Wheelmobile was coming to our area!!! I seriously couldn't breathe or talk for a minute...all I could do was put my hand over my mouth in disbelief and start laughing!!! It probably sounds silly that I would get so excited over a commercial...even Lynzi was wondering what was going on. When I could finally talk, I started jumping up and down and telling her that Wheel of Fortune was coming and she started jumping and joined my excitement!!! :) They've played the commercial many times since then and everytime I see it or just hear it...I totally get butterflies. Today Lynzi was in the bathroom, washing her hands, and she heard the commercial from in there. I was downstairs and didn't even know the commercial was on and Lynzi is hollering from her bathroom, "Mom are you laughing right now because 'leelofortune' is coming?"

So, to continue the shopping story, after we got to the mall...one more funny! I picked out a top and they had it in green and blue. I asked Lynzi which one she liked best and she said blue. Well, I was partial to the green...so i went ahead and got it in green. After we had been shopping for a little while longer, I started thinking that I already had blue jewelry, but I didn't really have any green jewelry...so after all that, I ended up going back and exchanging the green top for the blue top. I guess "daugther knows best"!!! :)

I'll let you know how it goes this weekend!

Oh and Happy Mother's Day to my most precious Mommy and my most wonderul Mother-in-law and Grandma Mabel and Grandma Thomas and Grandma Moore...and all the other amazing Mommy's who read this blog!!!

Love ya.

2 comments:

The Burgess' said...

Oh Laci....I am so excited for you! I really hope you get on. I am a "Wheel" lover myself! Good luck and have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Kayla said...

LACI. You're killin me with suspense. How did the WOF go?????