Saturday, December 27, 2008

December update...

We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. A lot has happened since our last update...lots of good things :)! I'll rewind back to where I left off on the last post.
From there, we headed to Missouri...for an itineration service and to house hunt. A couple of people asked before (sorry it took me so long to answer, Jenn) where we're moving to, so in case you don't know...we're moving to Missouri. That is where the Builders International offices are located, so we will base there and travel from there to the different projects around the world.

So after searching and looking and thinking and contemplating...we finally came to a conclusion on which house we wanted! We were so excited to finally make the big decision...and what better day for it to happen than on our 10 year anniversary!!!

Yep, 10 years....the MOST WONDERFUL 10 years I could EVER imagine :)! And I couldn't think of a better way to spend that special day than with my lovely little family, deciding together which house was OUR HOUSE! God showed us such favor in the whole process...and we're so thankful for what he helped us find!!!

And the kids...they were absolutely fantastic on the trip. We spent hours in our realtor's vehicle, driving around all day for several days...and they were great about it! Lynzi gave us her input on the houses. When we went into one that she didn't like, she would say, "Mommy, I don't want this to be my new house!" Then when we went into THE ONE...she said, "Mommy, I want this for my new house!!!" And Asher was just happy and content in all of them!

On our way out of town, we signed the contract! Our moving date is Valentine's Day-ish. In the meantime, we have several more big services that I didn't realize we had.

Then the Christmas parties began! On our way back home, we stopped at Ryan's grandparents house to spend time with them. Then we went to his other grandparents for a family party on Friday, came home on Saturday, had my mom's side of the family party on Sunday and my dad's side on Monday. Lots of celebrations...before Christmas ever even arrived. We spent Christmas Eve at my parent's house, since half of our house is packed up and we obviously don't have a Christmas tree this year. Lynzi asked, "Where will Santa leave my presents, since we don't have a tree?!?!" So we decided that my parents house was a much more festive place for Santa to stop by!!!

Here are just a few pics of the MANY that I took at Christmas-time:


~The four of us at a family Christmas party at my parent's house~


~Lynzi and Asher~

~Lynzi, Asher, Jaym and Jax~


~Me and Honey~

~Unkie Coy and Asher-Santa~

~Laci, Mom, Krystal~

~Lynzi listening to "Uncle Danny" tell Santa stories~


~Asher's first Christmas~

~Lace and Chels~

...and our boys...

~Randy and Asher~


~Laci and Asher-man~

~Lynzi sporting her new skates from Grandma and Grandpa Moore~

2 comments:

Your favorite sister said...

Laci thanks so much for your blog address. I am excited to read up on your lives. Your kids are adorable and you look so happy. :)

Judith and Lance said...

I enjoyed the update and Christmas pictures. So glad God provided a perfect home for your precious family. Also, Happy Anniversary! Lance and I will be married 7 wonderful years next month. Being married has been the most wonderful experience of my life too!