Tuesday, June 8, 2010

tooth fairy and tee tee...

Lynzi lost baby tooth #2 tonight (well, technically it's already tomorrow...so i should say yesterday evening.) It was literally hanging by a string and she did not want us to touch it. Ryan tugged on it a little bit a few days ago and she said it hurt, so she has been very skittish about us getting close to it since then! This evening we were playing in the backyard and she sat on the hammock with me and I saw it just dangling around when she smiled at me, so I asked her to just let me feel it. She very calmly agreed, as long as I wouldn't twist it...i barely put my finger on it and gently wiggled it once and it came out without her even knowing it! She had to ask, "Did it come out?!?!" So I'm expecting a visit from the tooth fairy anytime now! Here are a few pics of...I can't say her missing teeth b/c she already had half grown adult teeth coming in behind the baby teeth (how weird is that for a 5 year old to have adult teeth...what?!?!) Anyways...







...and BIG ASHER NEWS...he sat on the potty and went tee tee this evening before his bath!!! YAY for Asher. I just casually told him to sit on the potty before he got in, like normal. But normally, he gets up before he really goes. But he actually went this time and we were so happy! I scooped him up and we did a potty dance and got a potty treat (m&m)!!! He's gone potty before, but lately he's been so disinterested...hopefully this will get him motivated. Even sister got a potty treat b/c she's been encouraging him to go. I've even found her hoisting him up on the big potty a few times...such a helpful big sister (either that or she just really wants her candy....hehe!) Either way works for me, as long as he is going. He has been completely uninterested in pull ups or big boy undies. Every morning I tell him to go get his undies and he says, "Noooo....biper(diaper)!" Then I'll tell him to get his pull up and even show him the cars on them and talk them up real exciting-like....."NOOOOO....biper!" (with 'biper' in hand!) We'll see how tomorrow goes....

Also, as a sidenote...I've noticed that a lot of people question the word "tee tee". I've come to the conclusion that possibly it is a Texas word??? Let me know if you aren't from Texas and you are familiar with it. Just wondering...

And you'll probably notice the lack of Asher pics lately! He is so hard to catch on camera right now. He's too fast and he knows when I want his picture and that's when he darts! I'm still chasing him though and I'll catch him and get a great one SOON! :)

1 comments:

The Sheffield Fam said...

Such big boys and girls :( Where does the time go???