Tuesday, November 24, 2009

my 20's are fading fast...

Well, I have less than 24 hours left before officially leaving my 20's behind!!! Several months ago...the thought of that made me extremely antsy (and even now I have to say, it wierds me out just a little!) But in the last few weeks, I've come to terms with it and decided to enter my thirties with a thankful heart! Especially since my birthday falls on Thanksgiving Day this year...that means I HAVE to be thankful for it, right!?!? :) And why not? I have SO SO SO much to be thankful for. God has blessed me in more ways than I ever deserved. He's been so good to me.

I'm thankful for my amazing parents who have always loved me, protected me, trained me in the ways of the Lord and been my best friends.

I'm thankful that God chose to heal me of a deadly kidney condition as an infant...if He hadn't miraculously intervened, I would not have experienced the last 30 years and I certainly wouldn't be typing this today!

I'm thankful for the Godly heritage that God blessed my family with.

I'm thankful for the great childhood I experienced. I realize that so many people don't get to fully enjoy growing up.

I'm thankful for my dream come true...in the form of an adorable teenage boy that I've had a major crush on since I was 11 (and I "prophetically" [ :) ] told my mom when I was 12 that I would marry him!) That boy grew into an amazing man of God with a servant's heart and a genuine compassion for God's people. I've had the privilege of being "with" him now for half of my life (yep, 15 years!)...and we will celebrate 11 glorious years of marriage in a few weeks! I love him with every ounce of my heart and to say that I am so thankful for him is such an understatement! Thank you, Lord, for giving me the man of my dreams!

I'm thankful for the path that God set us on and the doors He opened for us along the way. It's been such a fantastic 11 years with Ryan...following God's direction. We're so happy with where he has brought us and of course we're so excited about what he has in store for our family's future!

I'm thankful for my sweet babies! Lynzi is such a smart, vivacious, creative and beautiful girl and Asher is a loving, sweet, hilarious and precious boy. I'm so glad God is in charge of designing our babies for us...he did it so perfectly!

I'm thankful for all of my family and friends! We have such an incredible family on all sides...from parents, in-laws, grandparents, brothers, sister-in-laws, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins. Also for our friends...some that we've known all our lives, some we've met along the way and some brand new!

What a blessed 30 years it's been. Thank you, Lord, for all you've done for me. I love you and will serve you all the days of my life! I'm excited about what the next 30 years will hold.

3 comments:

The Sheffield Fam said...

I love, love, love it. And I love, love, love you. And I am so glad that God gave me such an amazing cousin and best friend. I know you probably didn't think when I was born 6 years later that we would grow up and be the bestest friends, but I sure am thankful the years didn't separate us! I love you so much. We will be so cute when you are 60 and I am 54 :)

Kayla said...

Ah! :) I LOVE this post. You are so amazing. I am SO thankful for the way the Lord connected us. You are an amazing woman of God. And, I have learned many things from you about life in general. Learning how to be a good wife and mom, and a faithful, passionate follower of the will of God. I'm SO blessed by YOU! Can't wait to see you guys when you return! LOVE!

Laci said...

Thanks, girls! I love you both. :)